Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Carrot Muffins

Well my menu plan didn't work well today.  I did not feel like cooking and so did not cook dinner.  Simply had a bowl of cereal.

I was supposed to make muffins yesterday and they didn't get made until this morning.  I really enjoy these Carrot Muffins.  I had quadrupled the recipe and left some batter in the fridge to make just a few fresh muffins at a time.  Works great for me as I live here alone.


Carrot Muffins

·        1/2 cup whole wheat flour
·        1/4 cup packed brown sugar
·        1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
·        1/2 teaspoon baking powder
·        1/4 teaspoon baking soda
·        1/4 teaspoon salt
·        1/4 cup butter
·        2 tablespoons orange juice
·        1 egg
·        3/4 cup grated carrots
·        1/4 cup raisins
·         
·        In large bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the butter, orange juice and egg on medium speed for 1 minute (mixture will not be smooth). Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in carrots and raisins.
Fill 6 muffin tins half full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment