Friday, February 18, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Today I was feeling a little low.  I decided to make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake using my Mom's recipe and her cast iron fry pan that she used to make it in.  I have not made this cake in years and I have never made it in my Mom's pan.


I was amazed at how close this cake made me feel to my Mom who has been gone now for about 6 years now.  I would never thought of cake as a comfort food but I guess this one is for me.


I forgot to get a picture of the cake before it was cut up.  You can take my word for it that it looked great, smelled even better and tasted fantastic.


I'm just praising the Lord for the mother that I had and for all the love that we shared with each other.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! It was difficult to lose my father but I'm not looking forward to the day when I lose my mother. I continue to pray that she will put her trust in Christ.. then I'll never lose her.

    ReplyDelete