Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Finished Quilt

I am so happy today.  I finished the quilt for Carissa, my new granddaughter.  I was supposed to meet her on Saturday and our plans got changed.  Now I will be meeting her for the first time on Friday and her quilt be be ready for her.  Carissa will be 4 weeks old on Friday and is my first grandchild.  I am so anxious to hold her in my arms.
100_0126
I am pleased with the way that this quilt turned out.  It is a ragged quilt and has not been washed and dried yet.  My understanding is that is what makes the edges fray and gives it the appearance of being ragged.
This is my first ragged quilt and after making it, I now have ideas to make the next one better.  I’ve seen some cute ideas and am eagerly looking forward to trying them out.

1 comment:

  1. How cool!! I have wanted to learn how to make one of these types quilts. Could you post about how you did it or where you got your directions?
    Thanks so much,
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete